Mold or Growth in Air Ducts & Vents
If you have mold, mildew or growth in your air vents or home, it is usually an indication of a moisture problem. It is vital to remove the mold, but it is equally important to fix the underlying cause of the growth or it will more than likley quickly return. Unfortuantely, duct cleaning alone will generally not fix mold issues in a home. We offer FREE Home Energy Audits and can find the source of the growth and offer a free, no obligation quote for solutions. Each home is different and the source of mold can have multiple causes. Therefore, each treatment plan to remove the mold and ensure that it does not return will be different. We use various removal treatments to get rid of any mold and fix the environment of the crawl space or home to ensure any type of growth is unable to form in the future.
Why it's Important to Clean Duct Work and Remove the Mold Source
If your home has mold, the debris that builds up in your duct work can often create an ideal environment for mold and other biological growth to continue to grow. The debris is providing them the food source they need to survive. Mold or biological growth can be very dangerous if you are breathing it consistently. It can make someone very sick, and can also aggravate or intensify other health issues. If you happen to notice any growth in or around your vents, it might be time to terminate the source of the mold as well as get your entire duct work cleaned and sanitized.
Home Mold Solutions & Removal Services
At GSM Services we provide a full range of products, services, and solutions to treat any form of growth, mildew, or mold. We use various removal treatments to get rid of any mold and also fix the environment of the crawl space or home to ensure any type of growth is unable to form in the future.
If you have mold, mildew, or growth in your crawl space, ducts or home, it is usually an indication of a moisture problem. It is important to treat and remove the mold, but it is equally important to fix the underlying cause of the mold growth or it will more than likley come right back. Each home throughout Charlotte, Gastonia, Belmont, Fort Mill, and all surrounding areas are different. Therefore, each treatment plan to remove the mold and ensure the it does not return will be different.
At GSM Services, we clean the entire duct system (not just the vents) & we use a special duct disinfectant spray! Before we get started, we fully inspect the duct work for any tears or other issues. Improve your home's air quality today! Right now we are offering a duct cleaning special of $20 off per vent! We offer HVAC Services, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Mold Removal Services & Duct Cleaning in Gastonia, Charlotte, Huntersville, Fort Mill and all nearby cities!
What should you do about your dirty or moldy air vents?
Call us and schedule a FREE, no obligation Home Energy, Health, & Efficiency Audit.
A trained and certified comfort, health & energy advisor will do a full evaluation of your home, attic, and crawl space. They will check for mold & growth, moisture levels, humidity levels, air leaks, air quality issues, and much more! After the audit, they will go over the findings with you and discuss any solutions that may help the comfort level, health, efficiency, and environment of your home. *Please note that these home energy audits can take up to 4 hours.
4 Signs Your Home Need's Mold and/or Duct Cleaning Services in NC & SC
- 1 Biological Growth - If your home has mold, the debris that builds up in your duct work can often create an ideal environment for mold and other biological growth to continue to grow. The debris is providing them the food source they need to survive. Mold or biological growth can be very dangerous if you are breathing it consistently. It can make someone very sick, and can also aggravate or intensify other health issues. If you happen to notice any growth in or around your vents, it might be time to get them cleaned and sanitized.
- 2 Unusual Odors – If there are any odors coming from the vents, typically rotten or musty smelling, this may be the result of biological growth, or even rodents that have built home inside the duct work. As one may imagine, both of these situations can easily create waste and build up.
- 3 Increased Sickness – Have you noticed your allergies getting worse year by year or are you getting sick more often? When your HVAC unit comes on, it circulates air though your home. Some of this air comes from hidden areas such as your crawl space, inside your duct system, attic & more. If you have a mold or growth issue and do not know it, you could be breathing in contaminated air.
- 4 Visible Dust – Are your vents covered with dust or dirt? Do you feel like your fans and tabletops are quickly being covered in the annoying particles? Are you constantly dusting and vacuuming your home? If this is what you can see outside of the ducts, imagine what might be on the inside!
Duct Cleaning Benefits
- Reduces allergens & irritants.
- Creates a cleaner living environment.
- Improves indoor air quality
- Removes unpleasant smells & odors.
- Improves air flow efficiency.
Duct Cleaning Experts in Gastonia, Charlotte, Belmont & All Nearby Areas!
Here is how we are different:
Many duct cleaning companies use a shop vac and are only cleaning the top portion of the duct work. Here at GSM Services, we clean the entire duct system & our price includes a special duct disinfectant spray treatment. First, we inspect and clean the entire ductwork system, not just the air vents. We check that your ductwork is operating properly and has no tears or leaks. We use a machine that is specifically designed to make sure that every inch of your duct system is cleaned. Our machine is a high-pressure vacuum system. It consists of a large filter and a very long rod that is flexible that has rubber tassels on the end of it. As we are cleaning each piece of duct, the rubber tassels whip around to knock off any dust, dirt or debris that may be in attached to the ductwork. This debris and dust is vacuumed into our very large 3 tier filter so that nothing goes back into your home. After that we use a fine mist sanitizing solution that is sprayed throughout the duct system to help kill any viruses, bacteria, or spores. Then your ductwork is good to go!