Top HVAC & Air Duct Cleaning Company in Gastonia, Charlotte, Fort Mill & All Nearby Cities in NC & SC
At GSM Services, we clean the entire duct system (not just the vents) & we use a special duct disinfectant spray! Improve your home's air quality today! Right now we are offering a duct cleaning special of $20 off per vent! We offer HVAC Services, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Mold Removal Services & Duct Cleaning in Gastonia, Charlotte, Huntersville, Fort Mill and all nearby cities!
Duct Cleaning Benefits
- Reduces allergens & irritants.
- Creates a cleaner living environment.
- Improves indoor air quality.
- Removes unpleasant smells & odors.
- Improves air flow efficiency.
Duct Cleaning Experts in Gastonia, Charlotte, Belmont & All Nearby Areas!
Here is how we are different:
Many duct cleaning companies use a shop vac and are only cleaning the top portion of the duct work. Here at GSM Services, we clean the entire duct system & our price includes a special duct disinfectant spray treatment. First, we inspect and clean the entire ductwork system, not just the air vents. We check that your ductwork is operating properly and has no tears or leaks. We use a machine that is specifically designed to make sure that every inch of your duct system is cleaned. Our machine is a high-pressure vacuum system. It consists of a large filter and a very long rod that is flexible that has rubber tassels on the end of it. As we are cleaning each piece of duct, the rubber tassels whip around to knock off any dust, dirt, or debris that may be in attached to the ductwork. This debris and dust is vacuumed into our very large 3 tier filter so that nothing goes back into your home. After that we use a fine mist sanitizing solution that is sprayed throughout the duct system to help kill any viruses, bacteria, or spores. Then your ductwork is good to go!
Mold or Growth in Air Ducts & Vents
If you have mold, mildew or growth in your air vents or home, it is usually an indication of a moisture problem. It is vital to remove the mold and it's equally important to fix the underlying cause of the growth or it will more than likley quickly return. Unfortunately, duct cleaning alone will generally not fix mold issues in a home. However, we offer FREE Home Energy Audits and can find the source of the growth and offer a free, no obligation quote for solutions. Each home is different and the source of mold can have multiple causes. Therefore, each treatment plan to remove the mold and ensure that it does not return will be different. We use various removal treatments to get rid of any mold and fix the environment of the crawl space or home to guarantee any type of growth is unable to form in the future.
5 Signs Your Home need's Duct Cleaning Services in NC & SC
- 1 Biological Growth - If your home has mold, the debris that builds up in your duct work can often create an ideal environment for mold and other biological growth to continue to grow. The debris is providing them the food source they need to survive. Mold or biological growth can be very dangerous if you are breathing it consistently. It can make someone very sick, and can also aggravate or intensify other health issues. If you happen to notice any growth in or around your vents, it might be time to get them cleaned and sanitized.
- 2 Unusual Odors – If there are any odors coming from the vents, typically rotten or musty smelling, this may be the result of biological growth, or even rodents that have built a home inside the duct work. As one may imagine, both of these situations can easily create waste and build up.
- 3 Increased Allergens – Have you noticed your allergies getting worse year by year? Every time you open your door or windows, outside pollutants enter your home. This outside air is then sucked into the return ducts where the dirt, debris, and allergens will settle. When your HVAC unit comes on, it circulates these particles back through your home, building up a large amount of polluted air over time. Having clean air ducts will help to dramatically reduce your allergy symptoms.
- 4 Visible Dust – Are your vents covered with dust? Do you feel like your fans and tabletops are quickly being covered in the annoying particles? Are you constantly dusting and vacuuming your home? If this is what you can see outside of the ducts, imagine what might be on the inside! Performing a thorough cleaning will get rid of years of dust buildup inside of your home. This will also mean LESS dusting & vacuuming for you!
- 5 Increased Energy Bill – When particles accumulate in your duct or on your filters, your HVAC unit has to work harder to push the air through the buildup. This, in turn, increases your energy bill because your unit is becoming overloaded in trying to maintain the home’s comfort.
How often should you clean your air ducts?
According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), it is recommended that ducts be cleaned every 3 to 5 years. If you have pets, closer to the 3 year mark is best.
The duct system acts like the respiratory system of your home. According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), as much as 40 pounds of dust is created annually in an average six-room home. Dust, dander, and other air pollutants are pulled into the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system and circulated through air ducts. It needs to be cleaned effectively and efficiently so it can ‘breathe’ and not become contaminated and congested. Dust, dirt, pollen, animal dander, and other airborne contaminants are pulled into your duct system every time the air conditioner or furnace runs. These contaminants can build up over time inside of the duct work and go out into your home any time the furnace or air conditioner is turned on. This can be detrimental for the health of you and your family members, especially if one of them suffers from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory ailments.
The most effective way to get rid of this problem is by eliminating contaminants from the entire HVAC system and getting your ducts cleaned. Not only does this have health benefits for your family, it also can make your home cleaner. Duct cleaning can restore the HVAC capacity, lessens running time, which saves you money by lowering your heating and cooling bills in the long run.
Air Vent & Duct Work Services
An air duct system that is properly funtioning can achieve a more comfortable home, increase efficiency, lower power bills and improve indoor air quality. At GSM Services, we listen to your issues and can accurately diagnose the problems and provide solutions. We specialize in a variety of duct system services such as: