FOR A LIMITED TIME, WE ARE OFFERING FREE HOME ENERGY AUDIT TO HOMEOWNERS (Normally $249). *not valid on homes in middle of a real-estate transaction.
A highly trained comfort & energy advisor will do a full evaluation of your home, attic, and crawl space. They will check for air leaks, use thermal imaging, check insulation levels, look for air quality issues, growth, moisture levels and much more! Your comfort advisor will take pictures of any issues that they find. After the audit they will go over the findings with you and discuss any solutions that may help the comfort level, health, efficiency, and environment of your home. *Please note that these home energy audits can take up to 4 hours depending on the home and the issues that you may be experiencing.
Schedule your free home energy audit online now or give us a call at (704) 864-0344.
Homeowners! Ask yourselves these questions:
- Does your home have hot or cold rooms?
- Does your power bill seem unusually high?
- Is your attic overly warm?
- Do you have an abundance of dust in your home?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may need a Whole Home Energy Audit! The problems just mentioned generally have underlying issues which cause your indoor climate to feel uncomfortable. Your home may not have enough insulation, or the home may have air leaks which allow the cool air out of your home and allow dust and warm air into your home. Not only do these issues effect your comfort level, they can also make your HVAC system run in an overload state.
14 Signs That You Need A Home Energy Audit
- Drafty rooms: Although the problem may be your windows, don't assume that to be the case. Sometimes, inadequate insulation, duct system design, HVAC issues, air sealing issues are to blame. During a home energy audit, we have test to see the cause of the uncomfortable or drafty room.
- Rooms too hot or too cold: Having some rooms that are harder to heat or cool indicates problems with your insulation, ducts, or the heating and cooling system.
- Dusty rooms: It has to be coming in from somewhere! An improperly sealed home, leaky duct, and /or improperly balanced duct system are all potential culprits.
- Heating/cooling system runs continuously or turns on/off frequently: This may indicate an overly leaky or drafty home or an oversized or undersized heating or cooling system.
- Asthma or allergies: Homes that are too leaky or drafty bring unwanted allergens into your home from outdoors - a sign that you may need to seal your home.
- Odd or musty smells: Musty smells usually mean mold. It doesn't take high concentrations of mold to create odors; microscopic and airborne mold affect your health. Moreover, it's usually the result of energy efficiency issues as well.
- De/humidifiers or pests: If you have to run a humidifier or dehumidifier, or you're treated your home for pest issues, you're probably treating the symptoms and not the source.
- Cold floors: This is usually a sign of problems with your insulation, ducts, weaknesses in the thermal and pressure boundaries, and /or an improperly sized HVAC system.
- Rooms over garages: These rooms are generally neglected, with consideration to the envelope of the home. Because of this, they're often riddled with energy and comfort issues.
- Cracks in walls: Although the blame usually lands on the settlement of the home, expansion and contraction from moisture levels and rotting crawl spaces can also lead to cracks in the walls.
- Paint peeling or blistering: This relates directly to the relative humidity in your home. If your home has excessive dryness or humidity; it's a sign of larger issues.
- Dirty around registers: This is an indication that condensation is occurring and collecting a higher amount of dirt. This is a good clue that other problems also exist.
- Crawl spaces: If you have a crawl space, you need an energy evaluation for many reasons. Energy loss, mold growth, temperature imbalance, rotting wood... the list goes on and on. Simply put, there is nothing good about a musty, rotting, drafty crawl space beneath your home.
- High energy bills: If you are experiencing high energy bills, making specific repairs to your home will save you money and make your home more comfortable and efficient.
To find out more, schedule your appointment now for a FREE whole home energy evaluation for a GSM Services Comfort Advisor to come take an extensive look at your home to give you the best choices for improvements to your home comfort and energy savings.