Air Conditioning Service & Maintenance Specialists in Charlotte, Gastonia, Mount Holly
Stay ahead of the heat. The best time to have your air conditioning system serviced is before the cooling season begins or before any problems develop.
Our air conditioning experts can help keep your comfort level high & cooling costs low
Your home's air conditioning system is designed to provide you with many years of comfort, but neglecting regular maintenance such as not replacing the blower filter, removing debris from the unit, or cleaning the fins of the unit, can lead to expensive problems and a decline in the performance of your air conditioner.
It is always a good idea to schedule an air conditioning system service before the hot weather begins, or before you detect any problems with your air conditioning system. By doing this, you can either eliminate any issues, or repair a broken unit before you need the air conditioning to work. This reduces your risk for hot and muggy sleepless nights!
Our experienced HVAC technicians at GSM Services are licensed and certified to service all air conditioner makes and models.
Don't wait to have your cooling system serviced!
If your home's air conditioning system is not performing as it's supposed to, contact the professionals at GSM Services today to schedule an appointment for an air conditioning tune-up, we would love to help! We serve customers in Charlotte, Gastonia, Mount Holly, and many areas of North Carolina.
Our air conditioner maintenance checklist
Here's what you can expect from our technicians during a service appointment:
- Check refrigerant levels and test for leaks.
- Find and seal leaks in ductwork.
- Measure airflow through evaporator coil.
- Inspect electrical wires, clean terminals and tighten connections if necessary.
- Check belts for wear and tighten or replace if necessary.
- Oil air conditioner motors.
- Check thermostat sensor.
Cleaning is critical to maintaining your air conditioning unit
Many of the problems that occur with central air conditioning systems are due to dirt, dust, and debris. When you call in an HVAC technician to perform basic maintenance on your system, the tech will pay attention to certain parts of your system that get dirty over time. For example:
- Air filter replacement. Forced-air heating and cooling systems rely on air filters to remove dust, pollen, and other particulates from the air so that they don’t form dirt deposits on the evaporator coil or get circulated throughout the house. Each air handler unit in your forced-air system will have its own air filter. Some HVAC system air filters are reusable, while others must be replaced when they get dirty. Your HVAC contractor can tell you which type of filter you have, confirm that the correct size is being used, and show you how to replace or clean the filter.
- Coil cleaning. A central air conditioning system has an evaporator coil located inside each air handler, and a condenser coil located outdoors. Each coil contains a long, serpentine run of copper tubing, covered by aluminum fins that promote good heat exchange. Dirt that collects on coils and fins can reduce your system’s cooling capacity by 30%, forcing your AC system to work longer and harder. Because air conditioning coils are tricky to clean (and prone to damage), it’s best to have this part of your system professionally cleaned.
- Condensate drain cleaning & clearing. In addition to cooling your interior air, your air conditioning system also removes excess humidity from the air. Water condenses out of the air and needs to drain outside or to an interior drain. Part of regular air conditioning system service should include cleaning the condensate drain and making sure there are no clogs or obstructions that might cause backups.
- Duct sealing and duct insulation. Has your ductwork system been checked for leaks or undergone leak-sealing improvements? If not, consider having this work done by GSM Services. Leaky ductwork can diminish the performance of forced-air heating or cooling by as much as 40%. If some of your ducts are located in unconditioned spaces like crawl spaces and attics, also consider having these ducts insulated to improve efficiency.
Trust a professional to service your system, call us
If your air conditioner requires more than just the regular maintenance, GSM Services has a team of certified service technicians who can help. Our experts will inspect your air conditioning system and fix any issues before they become costly problems.
Call us at 1-844-691-4184 to setup an appointment today! We provide air conditioning maintenance and services to residents of Gastonia, Charlotte, Mount Holly, Matthews, Hickory, Fort Mill, Denver, Lincolnton, Rock Hill, Gaffney, and nearby.