Ice and Snow Storm Tips & Tricks
- STOCK UP – stock up on non-perishable foods, and medications.
- Fill up bags or containers with water, in case your water system is unusable. You could also fill up your bathtub, if you think that the water source may be out for a while.
- Have flashlights on hand with extra functioning batteries in case of power loss.
- Avoid opening fridge if you lose power.
- Make sure older family, friends, and neighbors are prepared.
- Have a battery powered radio and back up batteries.
- Make sure your home is well insulated.
- Make sure you have an alternate heating source.
- Make sure you have a functioning carbon monoxide detector and fire detectors, due to the alternate heating sources you may need to use.
- Use your fireplace and candles if possible.
- Make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand, due to the risk of fire with heaters.
- Make sure you have extra blankets on hand.
- Make sure you have a functioning car charger – so that if you lose power, you can charge it in your car for a couple minutes in case of an emergency.
- Gather pets and bring them inside.
- Open all cabinets to help prevent the freezing of your pipes.
GSM can get you prepared for a snow and Ice storm. We offer products and solutions such as stand-by generators, CO detectors, HVAC system tuneups/replacements, home air sealing, home insulation, duct repair/replacement, and more! Call today to address your concerns and we will provide you some solutions! 704-864-0344