Monday, January 2nd, 2017 by Drew Cook
Nearly 50% of your homes energy usage is tied to heating and cooling your home. We taking a look at your homes envelope is what we do that sets us apart from other heating and cooling companies. In doing so, we will evaluate your homes crawlspace, attic and interior conditioned space of your home to check for proper air sealing and insulation.
Save the Planet!
1. If you are experiencing high energy bills, making specific repairs to your home will save you money and make your home more comfortable and efficient.
2. Having some rooms that are harder to heat or cool indicates problems with your insulation, ducts, or the heating and cooling system.
3. It has to be coming in from somewhere! An improperly sealed home, leaky ducts, and/or an improperly balanced duct system are all potential culprits.
4. Homes that are too leaky or drafty bring unwanted allergens into your home from outdoors, a sign you may need to seal your home.
5. Musty smells usually mean mold. It doesn't take hight concentrations of mold to create odors; microscopic and airborne mold affecs your health. Moreover, It's usually the result of energy efficiency issues as well.
6. Heating/cooling system running continuously or not enough? This may indicate that your home is leaky or drafty or an over or undersized heating or cooling system.
7. If you have to run a humidifier or dehumidifier, or you've treated your home for pest issues, you're probably treating the symptons and not the source.
8. If you have a crawlspace, you need an energy evaluation for many reasons. Energy loss, mold growth, temperature imbalance, rotting wood... the list goes on and on. Simply put, there is nothing good about a musty, rotting, drafty crawlspace beneath your home.
9. Although the blame usually lands on the settlement of the home, expansions and contractions from moisture levels and rotting crawlspaces can also lead to cracks in the walls of your home and foundation.
10. Room over a garage? These rooms are generally neglected, with consideration to the envelope of the home. Because of this, they're often riddled with energy and comfort issues.
11. Drafty rooms. Although the problem may be your windows, don't assume that to be the case. Convective currents (or just improper installation) are usually to blame.
Having a home energy evaluation of your home can show you the steps needed to help you save energy. These steps will pay for themselves over just a few years and often times turn into a positive cash flow.
Call GSM Services today for Home Performance Services in Gastonia, Charlotte, Belmont, Mount Holly, Huntersville, Cornelius, Stanley, Maiden, Kings Mountain, Shelby, Lincolton NC, York, Clover, Lake Wylie, Fort Mill, SC. Leave the comfort to us!